The ISC Best Practice Consultancy has wide experience in reverse engineering and can re-manufacturer parts where the original drawing has been lost or is unobtainable, or the original supplier cannot be identified or has gone out of business. Typical applications include:
- laser scan to 3D model
- physical part to drawing creation
- physical part to physical part comparison
- creation of physical inspection samples and gauges
- re-manufacture of fans, pumps, and electric motors
- replication of heritage car parts
- architectural metalwork and features for listed buildings
- carbon composite for aluminium substitution.
The process-flow is typically to laser scan an actual part from which a solid model is created. Manufacturing drawings and work instructions are then derived from the solid model for production.